Thursday, October 06, 2005

Lazy Pancakes!

Feeling a bit flat today - weather that cant make up its mind (windy/sunny/rain/cold aaahg!) makes me a bit CRAAAAZZZY! Did 30min cardio before breakfast (1min jog / 1min walk)and felt good. Bought a pair of SKINS yesterday and cannot believe I ever exercised without them!! Even though I look like a plucked chicken - I do feel my exercise is of better quality (and no hideous sweat marks!!)

Interesting - had skinny milk instead of skinny soy in my coffee this morning - and have had bloating and gas all day! Feels like indigestion - have been drinking heaps of water to help ease the discomfort but now I just feel like a water balloon!!!

Am eating Meal 4 now - have whipped up my easiest recipe: LAZY PANCAKES!!

1. 30g protein powder mixed with a little water (less for thicker/more for thinner)
2. Spray oil on pan and put over gas.
3. Pour protein mix on pan (2 little pancakes or 1 big one)
4. Allow to cook - not for too long or it will be too rubbery!
5. For extra taste srinkle Splenda/ peanut butter or sugar-free jam onto pancake!

I use Designer Whey Protein Powder which I find to be great. Not sure if other protein brands are as tasty...You can also mix in an egg white in Step 1 for extra fluffy pancakes...

Happy eating!

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Bella said...

Hi Rae -

I didnt know you were competing!! how fantastic! I cant wait to see your pics - and your bikini sounds HOT! - what colour did you chose?
Only a week and a bit to go! What changes will you make to your training & nutrition in the last few days? I am so proud of you - you deserve to win - you WILL win!!! Im sure your coach says the same thing!

Rae - just a quick question - what are your thoughts on 'free meals?' I have 1 a week - and still kind of struggle with the concept - will I benefit more if I did it once a fortnight instead?

Thanks - speak soon xx

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger RaeC said...

Hi Bella,

Thanks lovey!! I've gone with black velvet with a purple glitter through it for pre-judging and pale silver with silver sequins for sparkle for the evening show.

My coach believes in keeping us grounded... like he says, you just don't know who is going to turn up on the day. He says that I am good for a novice though :)

I'm not sure about the diet and changes. My coach has said he will tell me what to do day by day as it comes along... frustrates the hell out of me!! I like knowing what I am in for WELL in advance!!

Tomorrow I remove all sauces and anything containing sugar from my diet... including any sugar-free stuff (artificially sweetened), or anything like fruit infused tea. Pretty much just lean meat and vegetables... I can use fresh herbs, garlic and onions. I should be able to come up with something :)

I think Wednesday brings salt depletion & increase in liquid, then Friday (day before comp) is complete rest day and very little water, but I think I might get carbs. But not sure yet.

All I know is that I have been instructed by coach to go out and have a calorie laden meal as soon after comp as I can... it is required to replace the calories that you haven't been consuming in the lead up to comp... looking forward to that one!!

So I guess that answers your question in that I believe in free meals!! If you do the same exercise every day, your body gets used to it and finds a way to do that exercise a lot more energy efficient, hence the results plateu. Same thing with your meals. Try the fortnightly meal and see how you go... these meals are good to shock your body's digestive system and keeps it from getting used to the same thing each day. I find that cheat meals actually keep me on track the rest of the time. I don't know how I have done over 2 months without one though... the thought of getting onstage in a g-string is pretty powerful incentive though ;)

Coach doesn't believe in free meals, he says that you start craving things too much if you have them occassionally. We have come to a compromise about that one. He says if I eat properly for 40 out of 42 meals during the week, then you don't do too much damage with one or two off-plan or if you eat out. I'm currently nibbling on a couple of egg whites here, so your meal sounds a hell of a lot better than mine :)

I'll let you know how I get on...

Chat soon x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home