Sunday, October 30, 2005

ITB Update!

You know the story so far, but to update you on my healing progress....

- On friday I rang my physio crying in pain saying I will never be able to do cardio again.....
- My boyfriend had taken our car to work so I had to walk to the physio: normally a 10 min walk...
- ...today it was a looong 35min walk to the physio! I was wearing grey trackie pants, grey trackie top and a dark grey cap. It wasnt until I saw myself in the mirror that I realised I looked like a robot mime doing street busking!! Even my arms were completely rigid as I was in so much pain! Had to laugh - it actually cheered me up momentarily!
- Physio appointment: had to laugh again! The weirdest thing - the massage was so painful I couldnt stop laughing!!! I sounded like one of those nutty witches that cackle crazily as she rides her broom into the moonlight!
- Next thing I know, I leave the appointment buying a blue ball with spikes on it - similar to the toy my dog chews obsessively in the back yard! I was instructed to sit my right bum cheek on it until I felt the most intense pain shoot up my right leg! God - and to think thats all I needed to do!...
- Lastly I bought a pack of 'Hotteeze' ('the amazing stick-on heat pads') which I am to wear (again on my right bum cheek) for 12 hours straight. www.hotteeze.net. Was told a couple of times by the physio receptionist not to stick it straight onto my skin but over my undies...it also says in the packet 'do not put Hotteeze in your mouth'...

Sooooo, after all this, I woke up the next morning.....

FEELING SOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!

Ok - I still had a couple of crippling shooting pains in my knee - but nothing like it was! WOOHOO! I wont be getting too excited and do something as stupid as going for a run (although it did cross my mind...) but I will work toward getting my cross-trainer transported to my appartment by the end of the week in anticipation!

WISH ME LUCK!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home